At this time, the doors of Print remain closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While "Phase Two" of Maine's reopening has begun (which would allow us to open), we don't feel that it is yet appropriate to do so. This decision is the right call for the health of our staff, customers, and community.
We are, however, still here to get books to you. We continue to offer shipping directly to customers - with free shipping on orders over $20 - and curbside pickup from 1p to 4p, six days a week.
As for our eventual reopening to the public, we're hoping to open our doors by the end of July. We're looking at five important criteria for reopening. When we feel we've hit the following milestones, we'll be ready to open back up in some manner.
- Cases of COVID-19 in Maine see a sustained decline.
- We've done a thorough deep cleaning and inventory of the store.
- We've installed safety precautions like plexiglass shields, permanent hand sanitizer dispensers, and social distancing markers.
- We can secure steady supply of PPE and cleaning supplies.
- Our owners and staff feel safe and comfortable interacting with the public.
Our goal at Print is to not just meet but exceed all state, local, and regulatory guidelines for keeping everyone safe and healthy.
We can't say enough how much we appreciate your support and understanding. Thank you for keeping us here, and we can't wait to (eventually) see you in person and welcome you back into Print: A Bookstore.