You are here
Overboard: A Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #22) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 22 in the V.I. Warshawski Novels series.
- #1: Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski Novels #1) (Compact Disc): $59.97
- #2: Deadlock (V.I. Warshawski Novels #2) (Compact Disc): $59.97
- #3: Killing Orders: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Bitter Medicine (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Blood Shot (V.I. Warshawski Novels #5) (Compact Disc): $59.97
- #6: Burn Marks (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #7: Guardian Angel (MP3 CD): This item is not available from Print: A Bookstore.
- #10: Total Recall (V.I. Warshawski Novels #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Fire Sale (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Body Work (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #14) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Breakdown (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Brush Back (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #17) (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Shell Game: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #20) (Paperback): $16.99
Legendary detective V.I. Warshawski uncovers a nefarious conspiracy during the Covid pandemic, in this thrilling novel from New York Times bestseller Sara Paretsky.
On her way home from an all-night surveillance job, V.I. Warshawski is led by her dogs on a mad chase that ends when they discover a badly injured teen hiding in the rocks along Lake Michigan. The girl only regains consciousness long enough to utter one enigmatic word. V.I. helps bring her to a hospital, but not long after, she vanishes before anyone can discover her identity. As V.I. attempts to find her, the detective uncovers an ugly consortium of Chicago powerbrokers and mobsters who are prepared to kill the girl. And now V.I.’s own life is in jeopardy as well.
Told against the backdrop of a city emerging from its pandemic lockdown, Overboard lays bare the dark secrets and corruption buried in Chicago’s neighborhoods in masterly fashion.
About the Author
Hailed by P. D. James as “the most remarkable” of modern crime writers, Sara Paretsky is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-two novels, including the renowned V.I. Warshawski series. She is one of only four living writers to have received both the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America and the Cartier Diamond Dagger from the Crime Writers Association of Great Britain. She lives in Chicago.
“A proper hero for these times . . . To us, V.I. is perfect.”
— Marilyn Stasio, New York Times Book Review, on Dead Land
“Sara Paretsky’s gloriously kick-ass private eye, V.I. ‘Vic’ Warshawski, is . . . the definition of perfection in the genre.”
— Washington Post on Dead Land
"Swift and superb."
— Seattle Times on Dead Land
"[A] series bar-raiser . . . A high point in Paretsky’s long-running and much-loved series."
— Booklist (starred review) on Dead Land
“As usual, Paretsky is less interested in identifying whodunit than in uncovering a monstrous web of evil, and this web is one of her densest and most finely woven ever. So fierce, ambitious, and far-reaching that it makes most other mysteries seem like so many petit fours.”
— Kirkus Reviews on Dead Land
"A crime-fiction pro struts her stuff."
— People on Love & Other Crimes
“Wonderful company and a rich discovery awaiting those who have yet to meet [Warshawski]. ”
— Los Angeles Times
“Sara Paretsky’s legendary P.I. is at the top of her game.”
— Tess Gerritsen
“ V.I. Warshawski [is] a sleuth to rival the greats, from Sam Spade and Nero Wolfe to Harry Bosch and Stephanie Plum.”
— A.J. Finn, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“An author of matchless intelligence, craft, and power. This is why Sara Paretsky reigns as one of the all-time greats.”
— Karin Slaughter, New York Times bestselling author of Pieces of Her and False Witness
“Legendary V.I. Warshawski is as dogged and ferocious as ever. So is Sara Paretsky, who is at the top of her crime novel game.”
— C.J. Box
“Sara Paretsky is a legend . . . If you haven’t read her yet, now is the time.”
— Harlan Coben
“V.I. Warshawski is one of my all-time favorite investigators. Doesn’t get any better than this!”
— Lisa Gardner
“Among today’s P.I.’s, nobody comes close to Warshawski.”
— Publishers Weekly
“Revel in the superb pacing, the well-developed characters and the crisp dialogue from one of the most consistently excellent writers in the genre.”
“Chicago’s V.I. Warshawski is on top form.”
— Seattle Review of Books