Switch On, Switch Off (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2) (Paperback)
Read and find out about electricity in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
It seems like magic! It's not—it's electricity. But how does a light actually work? In this clear and simple book learn all about electricity, how it's produced, and how it can be used.
At the end you'll learn how to conduct safe, fun experiments that will let you generate electricity yourself!
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom. It's a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
Melvin Berger is the author of many classic LRFOs, including Germs Make Me Sick!, Oil Spills! and Why I Cough, Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn, as well as other nonfiction on the Harper backlist. He lives in East Hampton, NY.
Carolyn Croll is the distinguished illustrator of many books for children, including the I Can Read Books The Big balloon race by Eleanor Coerr and Clara and the Bookwagon by Nancy Smiler Levinson. She lives in Philadelphia, PA.