You are here
One Last Lie: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #11) (CD-Audio)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Mike Bowditch Mysteries series.
- #1: The Poacher's Son: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Trespasser: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Bad Little Falls: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Massacre Pond: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: The Bone Orchard: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: The Precipice: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: Widowmaker: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Knife Creek: A Mike Bowditch Mystery (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: Stay Hidden: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #9) (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #10: Almost Midnight: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries #10) (CD-Audio): $39.99
The disappearance of Mike Bowditch’s beloved mentor reveals an ominous connection to a 15-year-old cold case in One Last Lie, the new thriller from bestselling Edgar Award finalist Paul Doiron.
“Never trust a man without secrets.” These are the last words retired game warden Charley Stevens speaks to his surrogate son, Warden Investigator Mike Bowditch, before the old man vanishes without explanation. Mike suspects his friend’s mysterious departure has to do with an antique warden badge that recently resurfaced at a flea market — a badge connected to a cold case from Charley’s past that the Maine Warden Service would rather forget.
Fifteen years ago, a young warden was sent on an undercover mission to infiltrate a notorious poaching ring and never returned. He was presumed dead, but his body was never recovered. Mike is desperate to find Charley before he meets a similar fate. His investigation brings him to the miles of forest and riverside towns along the Canadian border—but he soon learns that even his fellow wardens have secrets to keep. And Charley’s past isn’t the only one coming to light; his daughter, Stacey, has resurfaced to search for her missing father, and Mike must grapple with the return of the woman he once thought was gone forever.
Forced to question his faith in the man he sees as a father, Mike must reopen a cold case that powerful people—one of whom may be a killer—will do anything to keep closed.
A Macmillan Audio production from Minotaur Books
About the Author
A native of Maine, bestselling author PAUL DOIRON attended Yale University, where he graduated with a degree in English. The Poacher’s Son, the first book in the Mike Bowditch series, won the Barry award, the Strand award for best first novel, and has been nominated for the Edgar, Anthony, and Macavity awards in the same category. He is a Registered Maine Guide specializing in fly fishing and lives on a trout stream in coastal Maine with his wife, Kristen Lindquist.
Henry Leyva's audiobook credits include reading Colin Harrison's The Havana Room, Michael Palmer's Fatal, Lawrence Block's Killing Castro, and John Grisham's The Testament as well as works from popular authors such as Nicholas Sparks and Phyllis Naylor.
Leyva has appeared in numerous stage and screen productions. His film and television work includes roles on One Life to Live, Romancing America, The Digital Café, The Interrogation, and The Windigo. He has also performed in a host of off-Broadway productions, including In the Heights, Love Suicide, and Guanabaco. He has also performed in voiceovers for commercials, including those for HSBC, Claritin, and the Daily News. He lives in New York City.