Shock Point: The Enneagram in Burnout and Stress (Paperback)
Plenty of books cover the Enneagram basics. Few to none address how to use it to overcome burnout and stress.
We are stressed. Far and wide in big and small ways we are under constant pressures, anxieties, and stressors. Workplace stress has reached critical levels.
We are burned out and burning out.
We have seen an explosion in stress research, and the introduction of the Enneagram into Western culture with a psychological overlay. To name a few of the most current findings:
- 83% of US workers suffer from work-related stress, with 25% saying their job is the number one stressor in their lives.
- About one million Americans miss work each day because of stress.
- 76% of US workers report that workplace stress affects their personal relationships.
- Depression-induced absenteeism costs US businesses $51 billion a year, as well as an additional $26 billion in treatment costs.
- Middle-aged participants had a 27% increase in the belief that their financial status would be affected by stress in the 2010s compared to the 1990s
This book shows you why we are stressed and burning out. Then, it gives you deep insight into how you make big shifts with reasonable, practical solutions. This book is for everyone who wants to understand themselves better, especially in relation to others, and in relation to your stress responses.